Snowy weekend

Wow, it has been a long time until I posted…I don’t get online much at home.

My weekend was one of ups and downs. It was kind of boring…being stuck inside with the snow. That’s not always fun when you live alone. I did talk to my friend Amanda. That was greaet!

Friday, I stopped by the grocery store to get some provisions. I wanted to buy lots of junk…but I didn’t. That was nice. I did get a super-small thin-crust pizza. That wasn’t that good…but I could have done worse.

I didn’t start snowing until after I went to sleep. Saturday, I awoke to a snowy wonderland. There was a ton of snow…and it still was snowing. I decided to clean off my desk. What a mess…all the junk I own had come to settle there, it felt like.

I also bought a bridesmaid dress over the phone. That was humiliating. I was supposed to go in person for the dress fitting — 2.5 hours away — so I had to stay home. So, I picked out a top on the internet.
Here is the top. It's pretty, but that's a lot of skin to expose. I don't want this top! This is the one the bride wants for me.


Here is the bottom. Pretty plain. Stupid thing runs small plus has a straight waist. I think I will need a good girdle for this.



Seriously though, it is pretty.

Anyway, I cried after I hung up, because it cost me an extra $75 to get this dress in my size. What a racket. Of course, anything over a 20 cost that much more, so that make me feel better. Plus it runs small. What a racket. I just said that...But it is!

I did get back to cleaning after that. I cleaned out the spare bedroom, so I can use it as my sewing room. I also watched SeaBiscuit.

I didn't leave the house all day because they plowed me in. That was hard.

Sunday, I spent 45 minutes digging out. I suppose it has been worse elsewhere.

After church, I just watched TV before I went shopping. I found some great clothes that made me feel better. I even found a darling pair of shoes. Too bad they're strappy sandals and I can't wear them.

Then I went to church again...It was our Pastor's birthday. Then, I rode my bike for 20 minutes, did 5 minutes of weight work, and just chilled.

Not the most exciting weekend, but not a bad one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year