Let it snow book club


Well, my dream of joining a book club never seems to come true, but I am working on a challenge from the Kent District Library: The Let it Snow winter book club. While I'm not meeting with others, I am challenged to read 16 books of varying genres. 
I'm getting there! I just completed my first row of four and am close to another. 

Here's what I've read already:

Travel or International Fiction
No Reservations from Anthony Bourdain

Romance or Inspirational
Weight of Glory from C.S. Lewis

Biographical Fiction or Memoir
The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid from Bill Bryson

Your Choice
The New Kings of Nonfiction from Ira Glass

Mystery or Thriller
Wheel of Darkness from Preston & Child

Your Choice
The Best American Nonrequired Reading 2007 edited by Dave Eggers

An audiobook
Digging for the Truth from Josh Berstein

Political or Historical
Shakespeare by Bill Bryson

Here's what I'm working on, but I'm not done

Your Choice
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

NY Times Bestseller Award Winner
The World is Flat by Steven Friedman

Tropical Fiction
Mr. Pip from Lloyd Jones

Staff Picks
Loving Frank by Nancy Horan

So, that leaves 
Michigan Author or Setting
One Book, One County
Your Choice
Classic




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year