My moment of glory

I meant to post this last week when it happened.

We did something strange in the office...we took a Thursday afternoon off to do some bowling. It was a reward, actually, for our month-long fitness challenge at work. There were only two days I couldn’t make it: nothing but water and no salt. If you didn’t make the challenge, you put a dollar into the pot. If not, you just had the satisfaction of doing something good for yourself.

So, when it came to bowling, somehow it worked out that I was able to bowl first. I was really nervous about it. But everyone was milling about and I was ready. After being urged to go, I let the ball go. ... And knocked down 9 pins. And then I picked up the spare with everyone watching. Amazing! It went downhill from there, but I had a brief, fleeting moment of glory. And I was happy with the 81 I bowled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year