This can be put into words?

The Weight of Glory arrived at the library tonight and I went to go pick it up. I could scarcely wait to read it.
 
So, I made it a few people pages before I had to run and blog. C.S. Lewis thinks about so much and is so eloquent. He can put things to words I've never been able to express.
 
"If our religion is something objective, then we must never avert our eyes from those elements in it which seem puzzling or repellent; for it will be precisely the puzzling, or the repellent which concepts what we do not yet know and need to know."
 
He's talking about those feelings we have, that are at the heart, longing for heaven.
 
"These things---the beauty---the memory of our own past---are good images of what we really desire; but if they are mistaken for the thing itself, they turn into dumb idols, breaking the hearts of their worshippers. For they are not the things themselves, they are only the scent of the flower we have not found, the echo of a tune we have not heard, news from a country we have never yet visited."
 
I'm sure I'll have much more to say, but it's getting late and time to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year