New Car

So, I'm the proud owner of an '03 Taurus!



But my last car had to die first.

Here's the story:
The oil light came on Tuesday night as I pulled into the driveway. I didn’t think much of it. Then, it stalled Wednesday morning before I even got out of the apartment complex. Then I did make it to the highway, but it was running so rough, I turned around and drove it to the dealer. They have fixed it for years, and I go right by it on the way to work. So, it stalled for the last time about 500 yards from the service station. They towed it in for me and told me it wouldn’t look good. It turns out there was no oil in the engine and it was totally seized. They couldn’t fix it. It would take a new engine, which is about $5,500. So, they suggested that I talk to Emily, a recent Calvin grad who sells cars. This Taurus, I call him Ted, was the best choice. I just signed about six papers, waiting a bunch, and drove away with a new car. Emily even cleaned out my old car. Dora was my car for 8 1/2 years! He's named Ted...Theodore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year