It's been five days since the Lost finale, and I'm still thinking about it. Is that crazy? Why yes, but the best stories grab a hold of your heart, mind, and soul, and won't let you go. The more I think about it, the more I think about C.S. Lewis. He was very aware of the truth that life on this mortal sphere is just the beginning. There is more. So much more. He ends the Narnia series with this fantastic sentiment: “...for them, it was only the beginning of the true story, which goes on forever, and in which every chapter is better than the one before." It is so delightful to me that Lost ended with a new beginning. There is so much more to the story. We're not privy to it, but we can imagine what life will be like for this ragtag bunch of lost souls. They're together in the afterlife, where their past does matter. They've been redeemed. And what a redemption Jack had. that was quite a conversation he had with Christian. His death as a martyr will go...
Comments
Post a Comment