Happy Saturday

Hello! We need a picture.



These are the trees outside the apartment on an early winter snowstorm. We went six weeks without snow. It was weird. It's snowy now and everything feels right. I like winter...as long as it's not actively snowing. I love it when it's cold and everything slows down. Nothing's prettier than snow sparkling in the sun.

More on Andrew Peterson...

I haven't left the house very much today. I've just taken 2.000 steps. Of course, I've only been awake for nine hours! I did go to church to drop off a DVD. It's been a long time.

I say all that to say that I've been home a whole bunch today and listening to great music. The Far Country is such an amazing CD. I looked it up on Andrew's web site

and found this wonderful stuff:

Meister Eckhart wrote, "God is at home. We are in the far country." Peterson read the quote in a book by Annie Dillard a few years ago and scribbled it in his journal.

"It expressed so simply the way I feel about life on this earth, and my heart resounded with the truth of it," recalls Peterson. "I loved the way it turned my thinking on its end; we usually think of Heaven as the far country, a cloudy, ethereal place, an eternal church service, which sounds about as appealing as traffic school. C.S. Lewis said that all of our desires, for acceptance, intimacy, rest, work, satisfaction, beauty are, at their root, desires for heaven."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year