Good reads

Since I read a lot, I thought it would be cool to keep a record of what I'm reading.

I just finished Kitchen Confidential from Anthony Bourdain. How can something so foul be so tender and so sweet? Of course his world is fill with filth and degradation; but this book was written by a tender soul, someone who is passionate about his vocation and the people in his world. Is that too much from one little memoir?

I just started a magical book. I'm wondering how I ran across it...must of heard about it on NPR. It's Acquainted with the Night by Christopher Dewdney. It's a Bloomsbury USA title. I just love their books.

http://www.bloomsburyusa.com/catalogue/details2.asp?isbn=9781582345994&cf=0&search=night&isbns=&page=1

Night is something so basic. But yet it's magical. I love books that take a long look into something familiar. It's almost poetic when you look into the smaller parts of life.

I can't wait to finish this book. I'm going to go read now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year