Imagination vs. Fiction making

Let me start by saying that quiet time is so much better than watching TV. It's so much better to read, meditate, and pray than watch TV. Why did I wait so long to figure this out?

Anyway, one of the books on my shelf caught my eye...A Disciplined Heart by Caroline Simon. She is (was?) a philosophy professor at Hope. That was my least favorite class and most challenging. Why do I have this book?

It's so interesting. She's talking about different kinds of love and what is the difference between true love and false love (not true love like in the movie that ends with a wedding a big kiss...genuine love). Well, true love engages in imagination, the other, fiction making. Imagination is seeing what is not yet but should be. Fiction making is making up what you want it to be. That is profound. I can see that difference in many of my relationships. How many guys and/or friends have I stopped liking becasue I was making them out to be something they weren't meant to be?

Interesting thought!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year