Mojo's back

Hello!

Well, I have submitted three articles for editing and have written most of a fourth. And it's only 2 p.m. I've been really energetic today. I will chock it up to more than just the Diet Coke effect.

This blog has been really therapeutic lately, as has my journal and nighttime quiet time. I have known for years that I needed to do this, but I was letting my introspective side go dormant. Was it because I was afraid to face who I was? Was there sin there? (The sin of sloth to be sure.) Or was it because I didn’t think my pedestrian life didn’t deserve it?

I feel more alive right now. There’s this deep side of me that is digging its way out. On the outside, things are not any different. I can find joy and think about things even when I’m not happy with this season of my life. I do pray that I find some kind of end to this stretch of dryness and dissatisfaction. What do I want? That is the question.

My dad and I have been talking about my going all philosophical. He can't think of what to say, so he quotes C.S. Lewis from Narnia:

Mr. Beaver: "Safe...Don't you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you."

The book I’m reading (which is about different types of love from a philosophical perspective) said that fiction is often the way to portray truth. We are story makers and story tellers. There is often more understandable truth in fiction than in raw statements of fact. (Sound like Jesus telling parables)? It just warms my heart that he quoted C.S. Lewis. Lewis was beyond adept at explaining things via facts, but his most heart-palpitating truth is found in his stories----kids stories at that.

Maybe I need to read more fiction!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year