I just wanted to finish Harry Potter

Yesterday was a rough day. Rough day, did I mention that?

v All I wanted to do is finish Harry Potter. But I am a grown-up and I had a job to do. And yesterday threw me through the wringer. Everyone wanted my attention all day and I never had a moment’s peace. This is my blog so I can complain:

v My intern and the part-time writer were in the office. They’re both great and do lots of great work, but I sure was interrupted a lot.

v Our deadline for the student magazine has been moved up by TWO WEEKS. This has put everyone in full freak-out mode. We can meet the deadline if we don’t spend all of this time stressing out.

v My phone rang off the hook with contacts.

v The people that I couldn’t a hold of are still there. So now I look bad because the number I called wasn’t in the service. Sorry I missed the 800#. No big deal. I’m not turning this into something bigger (this one will make no sense to anyone else, but hey, I’m the only reader of this, right?)

v Candy was having an off day and needed me. She wanted to me exchange her foundation. I think she is genuinely obsessed with Clinqiue foundation. I’ve never seen anything like that. But she and Amaya came to visit right after lunch.

v Right after my Dad called to see about the plans for my grandma visiting. Grandma is living on planet zircon or something….and has some random fantasies about what people are doing. When did I say I wouldn’t come to Michigan City?

v So I called Amber, and it turns out she knew THREE weeks ago that Granny was coming to visit.

v Did I mention that I had to read proofs yesterday?

v I spent way too much time at the Clinique counter and spent money that I probably shouldn’t have. The bronzer (go figure…I never use that) looked so wonderful and I felt so pretty last night. I had to get it. $32, plus it took an hour.

v I stopped at Candy’s last night and she was a wreck. Amaya and Jessica were really annoying her. I hope she’s doing better; I really need to check on her.

v I didn’t get home until 8:30, but I did whip up a small dinner of tri-color rotini, Prego, and a leftover chicken breast. It was good, but I was so hungry that I wasn’t hungry when it came to eat dinner.

v And then I read 150 pages of Harry Potter. It kind of ended like I expected, but kind of didn’t.

v And work today sucks just as bad.


And that, dear reader, is the story of a bad day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year